An extension of Watching Apocalypse

Heil Eddie

dleet86

Heil Eddie

Post by dleet86 on Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:28 pm

All hail Eddie Bernays. He would love tweets. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiKMmrG1ZKU Kind of sums it up, people are stupid.
    Ren's View
    Admin

Re: Heil Eddie

Post by Ren's View on Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:58 pm

So what happened to your other login?  Chris DeGetmon just registered and got an error code when he tried to log in.  What happened that you had to create a new login?

Ah, well, I don't have a high opinion of humans when it comes to something like intelligence and group behavior.  If anyone doesn't know about Eddie Bernays yet, I highly recommend looking into what he's done since WWI when he served on Wilson's Committe on Public Information, sometimes called the Creel Committee, but otherwise referred to by me as the Committee for Propagandizing the Idiots.
    dleet86

Post by dleet86 on Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:41 am

I tried signing in but my name had been inactive too long, but active long enough that I couldn't use it again to reregister.

I was thinking of a time-bending plot after seeing a 1999 film, The Love Letter. What if the trajectory of an asteroid with the mass small enough to be grasped by earth's orbit but big enough to cause earth's rotation to slow caused  Earth and its minor twin to tango (or waltz?) are now in a double helix spinning back and forth now orbiting earth as a couple.
    Earthlings are freaking out due to eclipses that do not end but recycle. The force actually slows the earth's rotation so time is slowed down as well. So two nights and 2 days in the same 24 hour period that is not longer, just 24 human hours and slowed to 48 on earth. Do earthlings now have double the life span? 2 nights and 2 days in 48 hours is 2 days, but the body only aged 1 day. We can live a life twice as fast with no wear on the slowed down world. We would definitely get more social security than we paid.

btw, comic book plots don't have to have scientific validity, just enough for a 4th grader, radio host, or a politician.
    Ren's View
    Admin

Post by Ren's View on Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:54 am

dleet86 wrote:I tried signing in but my name had been inactive too long, but active long enough that I couldn't use it again to reregister.

I was thinking of a time-bending plot after seeing a 1999 film, The Love Letter. What if the trajectory of an asteroid with the mass small enough to be grasped by earth's orbit but big enough to cause earth's rotation to slow caused  Earth and its minor twin to tango (or waltz?) are now in a double helix spinning back and forth now orbiting earth as a couple.
    Earthlings are freaking out due to eclipses that do not end but recycle. The force actually slows the earth's rotation so time is slowed down as well. So two nights and 2 days in the same 24 hour period that is not longer, just 24 human hours and slowed to 48 on earth. Do earthlings now have double the life span? 2 nights and 2 days in 48 hours is 2 days, but the body only aged 1 day. We can live a life twice as fast with no wear on the slowed down world. We would definitely get more social security than we paid.

btw, comic book plots don't have to have scientific validity, just enough for a 4th grader, radio host, or a politician.

If you've forgotten your password, I can assign you a new one. As an administrator I can do that. I'd send it to you in email, and you can sign in with it, then change it in your preferences.  I do not have administrative access to anyone's active password, which I think is probably a good thing.

There's something in eco-speak called a biological clock.  I doubt that changing the rotation speed of the earth has any effect on our biological clocks, but that's pure speculation on my part.

I've noticed that comic books turned into movies or TV series have come to have a huge place in modern entertainment.  That probably means something, probably even something to do with human intelligence.  I leave deciphering that meaning to you.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:52 am